- The Royal Mint Responsibly Sourced Physical Gold ETC (RMAU) exceeded $650 million in assets under management in October, with YTD growth of 133%
- The gold ETC grew in AUM despite the spot price of gold falling by -4.48% in recent months.
- RMAU is growing in AUM more rapidly than its competitors, gaining 310% since its inception in 2020.
- The gold in the ETC is 100% backed by London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) Post 2019 responsibly sourced Good Delivery bars.
- The ETC also uniquely includes 100% recycled gold bars, reducing the carbon impact of owning gold.
HANetf, Europe’s first independent white-label ETF and ETC platform, and leading provider of digital asset ETPs, is delighted to announce that The Royal Mint Responsibly Sourced Physical Gold ETC (RMAU) has surpassed $650m in assets under management (AUM) for the first time since its launch in 2020 (please see the attached press release).
On 31st December 2021, RMAU’s AUM stood at $278 million. In October 2022, that number reached $650 million, representing a year-to-date growth of 133.8%. These inflows are particularly significant, given the gold spot price’s recent negative performance. In September and October, the gold price fell by -4.48% but RMAU received over $75 million in inflows, outpacing the other gold ETCs.
RMAU, backed 100% by responsibly sourced physical gold, was the first financial listed product to be sponsored by The Royal Mint, and the first gold ETC to be launched in partnership with a European sovereign mint. It provides investors with exposure to the spot price of gold by physically holding gold bars, which are custodied at The Royal Mint’s highly secure vault in Llantrisant, Cardiff.
RMAU gives investors the opportunity to access gold that aligns with their values. The Royal Mint’s unique control over the bullion in their custody means that the ETC is backed in part by LBMA Good Delivery bars that are cast from 100% recycled gold, which is sourced from scraps in the manufacturing process.
In addition to this, the gold ETC is 100% backed by London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) Post 2019 responsibly sourced Good Delivery bars, meaning that the gold adheres to the highest responsible sourcing standard within the industry. We believe, therefore, that RMAU appeals to sustainable investors that may not have had previous exposure to gold but are interested in the responsibly sourced gold ETC’s unique values.